Timothy O. McCalep

blog Archives

The problem of police brutality isn't new

Many news stories that have shown up in the past few years have to do with police brutality. Some people don't like to call it what it is, but it is a serious problem. Police officers who abuse the power they have to make sure that laws are followed in the officer's jurisdiction are a huge problem.

What should you do if law enforcement mistreated or abused you?

Many people have this idea that anything that police do during an arrest or while a person is incarcerated is a necessary evil. That simply isn't the case. It's very easy for law enforcement to violate an accused person's civil rights or even the law while arresting someone. People who are already incarcerated can also face serious abuse, harassment and other mistreatment from law enforcement and corrections officers.

First steps you should take after a car accident

Car accidents happen every day and for multiple reasons. Whether another driver was speeding, texting, driving drunk or simply was not paying attention, there are many circumstances that can result in a car accident. Unfortunately, they also tend to happen when we least expect or at the most inopportune time. For example, imagine driving through Atlanta on your way to work on your first day at a new job when another driver runs a red light and slams into your car. Now you have a damaged car you cannot drive, some broken ribs, and whiplash. Furthermore, you are losing out on wages until your doctor clears you to return to work, but you are not 100 percent sure you will have a job to return to.

Don't let drug possession charges ruin your child's life

High school and college are often times when children grow by experimenting and making mistakes. Typically, these mistakes have short-term consequences that help inform better decision-making in the future. In some cases, like when students get arrested for drug possession, those small mistakes can impact the rest of the person's life.

Get the help you need when you've been wronged.

Call 404-692-7525 to speak to Timothy today.